Arroza A La Filipina
2cups sweet rice, washed and drained
2cups white rice, washed and drained
3tbl. Veggie oil
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2lbs. chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1medium onion, diced
3 chopped Tree Tomatoes
1Cup Chicken Broth
2medium green bell peppers, sliced into thin
1tbl. Annatto seeds soaked in ¼ cup water for30 min.
3 hard cooked eggs
1) Cook Rice
2) Heat oil in large pot,sauté garlic till light brown. Add chicken and brown.
3) Add onions and tomatoes andcook until onions are soft.
4) Add the chicken broth, cover,and simmer for 8-10 min. or when the chicken is tender.
5) Remove seeds from water andstir in veggies for the orange color. Be sure to not add seeds.
6) Add the cooked rice, raisins,salt and pepper and mix well.
7) Cook 10 minutes more,stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
8) Garnish with egg halves.