Arroza A La Filipina
2 cups sweet rice, washed and drained
2 cups white rice, washed and drained
8 cups water
3 tbl. Veggie oil
3 cloves of garlic, crushed
2 lbs. chicken, cut into bite size pieces
1 medium onion, diced
3 chopped Tree Tomatoes
1 Cup Chicken Broth
2 medium green bell peppers, sliced into thin
1 tbl. Annatto seeds soaked in ¼ cup water for 30 min.
4 tbl. Raisins
1 tsp. salt
3 hard cooked eggs
1) Cook Rice
2) Heat oil in large pot, sauté garlic till light brown. Add chicken and brown.
3) Add onions and tomatoes and cook until onions are soft.
4) Add the chicken broth, cover, and simmer for 8-10 min. or when the chicken is tender.
5) Remove seeds from water and stir in veggies for the orange color. Be sure to not add seeds.
6) Add the cooked rice, raisins, salt and pepper and mix well.
7) Cook 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally to prevent burning.
8) Garnish with egg halves.