Serving Size: 6
Flan with coconut milk
1& 3/4 cups sugar
2cups coconut milk
6 egg yolks
4 eggwhites, lightly beaten
1tsp. Lemon Juice
6tbl. Brown Sugar
Pre- heat oven to 300 f
1) Stir ¾ cup of thesugar into the water in a heavy, medium saucepan over low heat until the sugardissolves. Increase the heat to high and boil, without stirring, until thecarmel mixture turns deep amber. Swirl the pan occasionally, and cook forabout 10 min. Brush the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush to keep thesugar crystals from forming. Pour ¾ of the caramel into 6, ¾cups, dividing evenly, to just cover the bottom.
2) Stir the coconut milk intothe caramel remaining in the pan.
3) Place over low heat and stircontinuously until all the caramel is dissolved.
4) In a bowl, combine the eggyolks and the egg whites and beat together lightly till mixed thoroughly.
5) Add the remaining 1 cup ofsugar, the lemon juice, the coconut milk and the caramel mixture and mixtogether well.
6) Strain this custard through acheese cloth and pour it over the caramel in the cups. Place the cups in alarge baking pan.
7) Pour enough hot water intothe pan to come half way up the sides of the cups.
8) Bake 1 ½ hours, oruntil the custards are almost always set but still slightly soft in the center.
9) remove from pan and let coolcompletely
10) Before serving sprinkle onetab. of Brown sugar over the tops and propane torch to form a nice crust ofmelted sugar over the custard.
Scoop out cherimoya pulp- removeseeds
2Cups of Pulp
1Cup Pomegranate Puree
(All above is to be cooked overmedium high heat for approx. 10 min., allow to come to a boil)
(Above- cook over double boilertill 150 * F)
Add1/2 cup hot egg mix to cherimoya sauce, then
Addrest of sauce to eggs.